This Acceptable Use Policy document,
including the following list of prohibited activities, is an integral part of your
hosting agreement with MySite.co.za. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited
by this AUP document, MySite.co.za may suspend or terminate your account.
MySite.co.za's Acceptable Use Policy (the "policy") for MySite.co.za's services
is designed to help protect MySite.co.za, MySite.co.za's customers and the internet
community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities.
The policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by MySite.co.za.
MySite.co.za reserves the right to modify the policy at any time, effective upon posting
Prohibited Uses of MySite.co.za's Systems and Services
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable
law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected
by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without
proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal
threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending
of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through MySite.co.za's servers is prohibited.
Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a website,
email address or utilising any resource hosted on MySite.co.za's servers, is prohibited.
MySite.co.za's accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or
collect replies to, messages sent from another internet service provider where those
messages violate this policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list
without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited.
All mailing lists run by MySite.co.za's customers must be Closed-Loop ("Confirmed
Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner
must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing
lists of email addresses from third parties for mailing to or from any MySite.co.za
hosted domain, or referencing any MySite.co.za account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program,
product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other internet
service provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means
to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial
of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service
to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus "Register of Known Spam Operations"
(ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
6. Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource
not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid
8. Unauthorised access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information
of any of MySite.co.za's customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service
(e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the MySite.co.za
network or on another provider's network.
10. Using MySite.co.za's services to interfere with the use of the MySite.co.za network
by other customers or authorised users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each MySite.co.za customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by
accepting service from MySite.co.za, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives
or end-users abide by this policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users
of a MySite.co.za customer will be forwarded to the MySite.co.za customer's postmaster
for action. If violations of the MySite.co.za Acceptable Use Policy occur, MySite.co.za
reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending
customer from violating MySite.co.za's AUP as MySite.co.za deems appropriate, and