1. Make sure that your web address is fully functional / has fully propagated.
2. Create your email account(s) via your control panel (cPanel).
You are now ready to begin setting up your email accounts with Outlook Express
1. Open MS Outlook Express.
2. Click on "Tools
" and select "Accounts
3. Click on "Add
" and select "Mail
4. This will start up the "Internet Connection Wizard". Enter your name where
it says "Display name:
" and click "Next
5. Enter the email address you created in your control panel, and click "Next
6. In the Incoming mail (POP3) field type mail.yourdomain.com
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field type mail.yourdomain.com
For example: if your domain name is abchotels.com
, then you would type "mail.abchotels.com
in both fields. Click "Next
7. Now type in your username
that you have setup in your control panel
using the following format:
(ie. your full email address
) as well as the
, and click "Next
(Note: If entering "firstname.lastname@example.org
" does not work when testing,
8. Click "Finish
". (But don't close the account wizard
, select your newly created email account (by clicking on it), and click
10. In the "General
" tab section (the tabs are at the top
of the wizard) make sure the "Include this account when receiving mail
" box at the bottom is checked.
11. NB! Lastly make sure that you have authentication for the mail server
In the tabs at the top, click on "Servers
" and make sure
the "My server requires authentication
" box at the bottom
is checked. Click "Apply
", then "OK
then finally "Close
" to exit the account wizard.
Congratulations! You have now completed the process.